Susan is a seasoned civil litigator with over 25 years of advising and representing clients in a broad range of disputes. In addition to her legal expertise, Susan is a former Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Her nursing science knowledge has been invaluable in cases involving personal injuries, professional negligence, and medical malpractice.
Susan’s legal experience is extensive and includes:
- employment law
- labour law
- human rights and discriminatory actions
- Workers Compensation claims
- disability insurance and other insurance matters
- nursing negligence and hospital liability
- medical malpractice
- personal injury
- ICBC personal injury
- municipal law
- corporate/commercial disputes
- statutory offences, and
- criminal law
Susan’s career includes three years of experience working as Senior Counsel and Claims Adjuster for the Province of British Columbia, Risk Management Branch, which provides an indemnity program for health authorities, schools, universities, and other entities. She has appeared before many different tribunals and the BC Provincial, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal. Susan has extensive experience with petitions, including judicial reviews related to municipal law.
Susan is a trained arbitrator and with significant mediation and dispute resolution skills. She places a strong emphasis on the resolution of disputes through innovative problem-solving, as well as, client-oriented service and the development of positive rapport with clients.
* Susan Beach Law Corporation
- 1991 JD, University of Victoria Faculty of Law
- 1988 BSc Nursing, University of Victoria
- 1984 Registered Nursing Diploma, Vancouver General Hospital School of Nursing